Stewart Sokol & Larkin helps individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations with all aspects of real property matters. Whether assisting clients with the structuring and documentation of real estate transactions or advising and advocating for clients in connection with real property disputes, Stewart Sokol & Larkin can take clients from the earliest stages of their matters through resolution.
Our real estate attorneys assist clients with acquisitions and sales, development, financing issues, appraisals, property management, leasing issues, environmental issues, and the handling construction matters in connection with residential, commercial, and industrial properties. Our real estate attorneys are also well versed in all types of real estate disputes, including boundary disputes, easement issues and failed transactions.
Our real estate work includes, among other things:
- Property acquisitions and sales
- Transfers of legal and equitable property interests
- Easements, licenses and other issues regarding the rights to use land owned by others
- Leases and landlord/tenant issues
- Title issues, including but not limited to title insurance and warranties
- Insurance issues
- Surveying, subdividing and development
- Liens and other property encumbrances
- Design and construction contracts
- Construction financing
- Condominium development and operation
- Planned unit developments and subdivisions
- Advising lenders and borrowers regarding mortgage loans and other financing issues.
- Advising owners and creditors regarding foreclosures and related issues
- Tax-deferred exchanges
- Restructuring loans and foreclosures