Time: 10:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Angela M. Otto, Peter J. Viteznik, Moderated by D. Gary Christensen
Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232
Oregon Law Institute
Deconstructing the Construction Litigation Case
Learn from the Best and Hone Your Strategies for Handling Construction Claims
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Presented by OLI (Oregon Law Institute of Lewis & Clark School)
"Use and Abuse of the Complex Construction Case Program"
10:1 5a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Moderator: D. Gary Christensen
Speakers: Angela M. Otto and Peter J. Viteznik
- What is the proper role and jurisdiction of the referee? Should the referee mediate?
- Drafting the case management order to solve, not create, disputes
- How does the court treat the referee's findings?
- The program's benefits to prepare a case for mediation and for trial
- Why the program does not work well at times
- What is a complex case assignment within the program? Do you get a 24/7 judge?
To view a complete schedule of the day's panels, go to: https://law.lclark.edu/live/files/10399-2012-construction-litigation
For more about OLI, vist their webpage at http://go.lclark.edu/oli